Welcome to Organic Food Kenya
Develop organic permaculture gardening and farming techniques
Establish permaculture resource center and outreach program in the community
Raise literacy, nature sports talents and build sustainable livelihood for the less fortunate
Create self-sustaining projects within the communities and schools we work with
Think; work smart to change a life.
Training communities on agribusiness, permaculture and organic farming
Promotion of food security
Maintenance of biodiversity
Promotion of Micro enterprises among communities
Advocacy to the old and the vulnerable
Co-ordinate with any group, NGO and Individual donor having same objective towards development and health.
Nurturing sports talents among the communities
Promotion of agroforestry and education to the less fortunate among the communities
To establish local and international partnerships
Engaging in HIV/AIDS programme among the communities
Come Volunteer with Us
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
1. Volunteering with us
2. Sharing our work to the donors and well-wishers
3. Donating funds to our project and we welcomed both one time and monthly donations.
HOW WE WORK | HANDS ON
Organic food Kenya believes in sustainable permaculture models that are integrated into a community’s culture and its traditional methods of agriculture. We work with widows, school children, disadvantaged youth and small scale rural farmers. We establish educational school kitchen gardens, where children will learn organic farming methods, sustainable water management, nutrition and microeconomics. In addition we integrate our educational format into a life skills curriculum, teaching the children and their families about hygiene, sanitation, and nutrition.
1. Drilling a bohole clean water for the farm and the community
2. Donation of farm tools, computers, projector, solar panels, camera, writing material
We care for people, we would love to support orphans and vulnerable children to go to school
1. We have managed to provide 6 water tanks to the community for clean water harvesting
2. We have managed to build a latrine and install a water tank for water harvesting for a local community school.
3. We have installed water tanks for water harvesting at Organic Food Kenya Resource centre for community to access clean drinking water for themselves
We have also build a guest house to host our volunteers, start a small library and installed a solar panel for lighting and charging phones for both the community and the OFOK staff.
4. We have build a training hut that can accommodate 25 people and so far we have trained over 120 community members on sustainable agriculture.
We have start a poultry project for income generative activity for the project and provide manure for the farm.
6. We have provided Moringa leaf, powder and seeds to over 140 people with HIV/AIDS
7. We have also distributed clothes to over 70 needy children in the community.
"We care for the society, protect their welfare. Organic Food Kenya is a registered community based organization that operates and based in West Kasipul Ward, Kodera Kamiyawa village and south Kasipul Sub county, Homa-Bay County in Kenya.. The organization is run and managed by highly motivated and amped young professionals who spearhead the projects with the mission to empower, inspire and equip communities by providing training, skills and tools for individual growth and community transformation."